DTPD ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR POLICE OFFICER POSITIONS
The Derry Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for three  police officer positions.
- Must be a United States citizen and 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License. [Out of state applicants must obtain a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License within 60 days of hire.]
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have completed Act 120 police officer certification training or out of state equivalency or achieve Act 120 certification by July 1, 2020.
- Must be capable of possessing requisite skills, knowledge and abilities of a police officer. In addition, you must be physically and psychologically able to perform the essential functions of a police officer and be of good moral character.
- Must pass a written examination and a Physical Agility Test (PAT) to be placed on an eligibility list.
- Must conform to Derry Township Police Department General Order 26.1 regarding Appearance & Grooming at the time of hire. [Available for review upon accessing the online employment application.]
- Upon hire, officers must complete a minimum one-year probationary training period.
The application may be obtained on-line at http://www.derrypd.com/2020/01/23/dtpd-now-accepting-police-officer-applications/ or in person at the Derry Township Police Department, 620 Clearwater Road, Hershey, PA 17033.
Applications must be submitted along with a resume, Act 120 training certificate, notarized Personal Inquiry Waiver, and a check or money order for $50.00 (non-refundable) payable to Derry Township Police Department. No written recommendations or other training certificates will be accepted.
Deadline for submitting applications is 12:00 p.m. February 24, 2020.
All applicants will receive additional information prior to the testing.
Written Examination and PAT
- Written examination will start promptly on Saturday, March 7, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. at the Milton Hershey School – Catherine Hall located at 300 Hotel Road, Hershey. Applicants should arrive at 7:00 a.m. to register.
- PAT will be conducted on Saturday, March 7, 2020, following the written examination. Further instructions will follow.
- Finalists will be required to undergo a full background check, psychological and medical testing, oral interview and a polygraph examination.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Derry Township Police Department does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Gender, Marital Status, Race, Color, Creed, National Origin, Political Affiliation, Religion or Disability. Any person who needs an accommodation in accordance with the American’s With Disabilities Act during the application process contact 717-533-5498.