PORCH PIRATE THEFTS - DON'T BE A VICTIM
Highspire Police wants to advise the public that today and everyday is the prime time of the year for " PORCH PIRATE THEFTS". Police recommend the following to consider to help reduce the possibility of you becoming the next victim...
1. Consider having the package shipped to a trusted person that will be home to receive it or to your workplace.
2. Ask a neighbor to watch for package and safe keep it till you can arrive home to receive it.
3. Ask the shipper if they can hold package till you can pick it up. Amazon provides a service called Amazon Locker where they will hold the package safely till owner can safely pick up.
4. Enable tracking of package, shippers USPS, Amazon, DHL, and UPS offer IN-TRANSIT tracking which will notify you via text of package arrival to your door.
5. Install security measures, home camera systems are competitively priced more and more. Install a camera system to monitor your home yourself.
If there is a theft of package from your residence and you live in Highspire you can contact the police office to file a report at 717 939 3303 or Dauphin County Non Emergency 717 558 6900. In an emergency DIAL 911.