Unemployment compensation fraud attempts are occurring at a higher rate than we have seen in the past.  In most cases, you will be notified by your employer that someone has filed an unemployment claim using your name and information.

If you are notified a claim has been filed using your information, here are the steps to correct it;

1.  File an unemployment fraud form online at Unemployment compensation fraud 

2.  Call the appropriate Police jurisdiction and file a report.  The Police Department that has jurisdiction for your place of employment -or- where you reside has jurisdiction.

Additional tips to protect your identity can be found at www.identitytheft.gov