Police Officer Position
The Lower Paxton Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer. Lower Paxton Township is a vibrant, large, diverse and growing municipality in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area. Our 58 sworn department offers opportunities for specialization and promotion.
- Applications for Police Officer for Lower Paxton Township may be obtained from the Police Department weekdays between 8 AM and 4 PM or by clicking here. Applications must be received no later than 4 PM on Friday March 15th. Return in-person or by mail to:
Lower Paxton Township Police Department
425 Prince Street
Harrisburg, PA 17109
- A $35.00 non-refundable testing fee must be paid at the time the application is filed. Checks and money orders are to be paid to Lower Paxton Township.
- The physical fitness test is scheduled for Sunday, April 7th at Landis Field, 4600 Locust Lane, Harrisburg, PA, 17109. Applicants will receive their individual start time for the fitness test at a later time. Applicants who pass the fitness test will take the written test at 5:00 PM the same day at the adjacent middle school.
- US citizen
- Minimum 21 years of age by March 15th, 2019
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- No residency requirement
- Police certification is not required. Successful applicants will be sent to the police academy.
For questions regarding employment with the Lower Paxton Township Police Department, please email Captain Mark Zerbe at email@example.com
Lower Paxton Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer