License to Carry
License to Carry a Firearm
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE APPLIED FOR AND PICKED UP IN PERSON – NO EXCEPTIONS
1. You must be a Dauphin County resident and 21 years of age.
2. The following strictly applies:
- For new applications you will need a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License or Pa State ID card.
- For renewal applications you will need your valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License or Pa State ID card AND your current “License to Carry a Firearm” permit card. You may only renew your card 2 weeks before your current permit expires.
- NOTE: Your Pa Driver’s License or ID card MUST have your current address on it. If it doesn’t you must have in your possession an updated address card from PennDot.
3. All non US citizens MUST also bring in a valid Green Card AND documents or bills that provide proof that you lived at you current residence for the past 3 months.
4. The application must be completed in its entirety, including listing two personal non related references.
5. License fees are as follows:
Application Fee is $6.00 Cash, certified bank check or money order only. Permit fee at the time of pickup is $14.00 Cash, Certified Bank Check or Money Order. PLEASE BRING THE EXACT AMOUNT for cash transaction.
6. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. It takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes when you bring in a completed application.
7. ALL drug and drug related charges and convictions WILL BE DENIED. Any blocks checked by the applicant on the application that are UNTRUTHFUL will be turned over to the District Attorney and subject to prosecution.