The annual Hershey Half Marathon is slated for Sunday, October 20th. Road closures and detours will be occurring throughout areas in and around Hershey and Hersheypark starting at about 7:00 - 7:15 am. The road closures should be reopened by about 10:45 - 11:00 am.
Some of the public roadways that will be affected by this event will be the roadway closures of :
1. Park Blvd., between Hersheypark Dr., (SR 2016) and Ridge Rd.;
2. Park Ave., (SR 0743) between E. Derry Rd., and Chocolate Ave., (SR 0422);
3. Chocolate Ave., (SR 0422) between Park Ave., and E. Derry Rd.;
4. Hersheypark Dr. between Park Blvd and Hotel Rd;
5. Homestead Rd., between Meadow Ln., and Chocolate Ave. (SR 0422);
6. The entire length of Mansion Rd.;
7. E. Derry Rd. between Mansion Rd. and Chocolate Ave.
We are advising motorists to avoid the area when possible, but if it is required to travel near the race event, to use caution and adhere to any closures and detours. For more information, please visit the race event site at https://www.hersheypa.com/things-to-do/attractions/hershey-half-marathon.php or their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HersheyHalfMarathon/